Finding out more about a primary or secondary school
July 28, 2020
You can find out more by:
- visiting the school – most schools have open days
- reading the school’s most recent Ofsted reports
- checking school performance tables
- talking to other parents about what they think of the school
What schools must publish on their website
Schools’ websites must include:
- admission arrangements, including how to apply
- details of the curriculum
- behaviour policy
- links to Ofsted reports
- links to performance data
- the school’s latest key stage 2 and 4 attainment and progress measures
- their policies for children with special educational needs and disabilities
- the amount of money they get for taking underprivileged children (the ‘pupil premium’), what they do with it and the effect it’s had
You can also get advice about choosing state-funded schools from your local council.
Photograph by Kiana Bosman: [email protected]; Instagram @kiana.bosman
"It was intended for use among enslaved Africans in the British West Indies, which is modern day Caribbeans, so Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua," he says.
USA: MANIFEST DESTINY
President Thomas Jefferson kicked off the country’s westward expansion in 1803 with the Louisiana Purchase, which at some 828,000 square miles nearly doubled the size of the United States and stretched from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains.