9 February – 24 March 2021: SEED Ensemble & guests – celebrating the music of Pharoah Sanders (online)
This concert will be available to watch On Demand while we can’t be with you in person. Click to buy, and your stream will be available to watch for 48 hours: https://tickets.barbican.org.uk/basket
Celebrating the life and work of Pharoah Sanders, Cassie Kinoshi and SEED Ensemble perform from his much-revered songbook, live streamed as part of EFG London Jazz Festival 2020.
A vital part of London’s thriving jazz scene, the Mercury Award nominated ten-piece band is led by alto saxophonist and composer Cassie Kinoshi. Their style comes from the bustle of the city and West African and Caribbean influences of Kinoshi’s heritage, blending genres through original compositions and improvisation: a true Black British sound. The line-up features some of London’s most exciting and innovative young jazz musicians including trumpeter Sheila-Maurice-Grey (Kokoroko) and guitarist Shirley Tetteh (Maisha), with special guests just confirmed: Shabaka Hutchings, Ashley Henry, Richie Sievwright and Yahael Camara-Onono.
How to watch
1. Choose the concert you want to watch.
2. Add to basket and proceed to purchase.
3. If you already have an account, you can log in during the purchase. If not, create an account as you buy.
4. Once your purchase has gone through, there’ll be a button to click to ‘View videos’, or click on the link in your email, or go to your account.
5. Once you are logged into your account, click on the button to ‘Watch Concerts’.
6. Start watching your concert. From purchase, you have 48 hours to start and finish watching the concert. Enjoy!
If you have any issues, please contact our Box Office team via [email protected] between 9.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday